At the IPF, we pride ourselves in the diversity of our membership. Our members operate in a wide range of different fields (legal, financial, surveying and academic, to name but a few) and it is their professional interest in commercial property investment that links them all.
Membership of the IPF is on an individual basis. We do not currently offer corporate membership.
To join the Investment Property Forum it is necessary to have a proven background in the commercial property investment field.
Whilst all applications are carefully considered on their individual merits, as a guide we normally expect applicants to have a minimum of two years' professional (post-graduate) experience in property investment and/or finance. It is likely that you will be in a fairly senior position within your organisation.
There are also a number of university masters level investment/finance courses that we recognise as providing the relevant skills necessary for those operating in the property investment market. The successful completion of one of these provides fast-track membership, providing that the applicant has two years of relevant professional experience. To see the courses where this applies and to download a fast-track membership form, click here.
KEy BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Join in active debate with other senior professionals working in the same market.
- Gain full access to our Research Programme and topical publications including our market surveys.
- Attend exclusive free member-only events held throughout the year.
- Programme of free webinars and online briefings.
- Attend free seminars in London, the Midlands, the North of England and Scotland.
- Access our online library of seminar/webinar recordings, publications and industry papers.
- Attend, and bring guests to, the highly successful Annual Lunches held in London and regionally and Annual Dinners in Birmingham and Manchester.
- Attend the IPF Annual Conference at a reduced rate.
- Further discounts and special offers on a range of industry events and publications.
To apply for IPF membership, please download a form, complete it (noting Nominations, as below) and return to the IPF Office ([email protected]).
The membership fee for 2023-24 is £285. Our subscription year runs from 1 April - 31 March.
New members who are under 30 years old at the date of their joining as a Future Leader, are entitled to 50% off the standard subscription fee. Existing Future Leaders members who are under 30 years old on the first day of the subscription year also receive this discount at renewal.
We aim to process applications as soon as possible, and your membership will be activated upon receipt of payment of your subscription.Application form
All new applications (that are not eligible for fast track – see above Qualifications) are required to be proposed and seconded by existing members of the IPF. Your proposer and both seconders should not all work for the same organisation, either as yourself or each other. If your proposer/seconders are not able to physically sign the form, please email the completed form to [email protected] cc’ing them in. Your proposer/seconders should then reply to the email confirming they are happy to recommend you for membership.
If at any point you have any queries regarding your application, please contact the IPF Executive:
email [email protected]
If you are a former member and would like to rejoin the IPF, there is no need to complete a new application form. Please email [email protected] confirming your current contact details, and we can process your rejoining.