Eight leading property bodies have formed an alliance to tackle major property issues in a more co-ordinated way while retaining their separate identities and roles.
The members of the Property Industry Alliance (PIA) are:
- Association of Real Estate Funds (AREF)
- British Council for Offices (BCO)
- British Property Federation (BPF)
- CRE Finance Council Europe (CREFC Europe)
- Investment Property Forum (IPF)
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
The PIA has a number of sub-groups including:
- REITs Strategy Group
- Research Committee
- Green Property Alliance
- Debt Group
Terms of reference
To work together to promote a coherent, accurate and well founded view of the UK’s commercial property industry to all stakeholders and to ensure that the contribution of property both to the economy and to the personal wealth of British citizens is fully understood.
- To respond where possible in a co-ordinated fashion to Government proposals and initiatives.
- To encourage efficiency and minimise duplication in service provision between existing representative bodies.
- To encourage best practice.
- To achieve greater coordination in setting research agendas, to collaborate on research projects where there is mutual benefit and to ensure better dissemination of research findings.
PIA commitment to supporting a responsible real estate industry
In February 2020, The PIA published a framework that aims to advance the social, environmental and economic benefits of responsible business practices across the real estate sector. For further details click here