At the IPF, we pride ourselves in the diversity of our membership. Our members operate in a wide range of different fields (legal, financial, surveying and academic, to name but a few) and it is their professional interest in commercial property investment that links them all.
Membership of the IPF is on an individual rather than a corporate basis and attracts senior professionals operating in the property investment market.
To join the Investment Property Forum we ask that you have a proven background in the property investment field.
Whilst all applications are carefully considered on their individual merits, it is anticipated that you should have significant experience in property or the wider investment/finance markets. As a guide, we normally expect a minimum of three years’ professional experience with at least two in investment. It is expected that you will be in a fairly senior position within your organisation.
All applications (that are not eligible for fast track – see below) are required to be proposed and seconded by existing members of the IPF. Your proposer and both seconders should not all work for the same organisation, either as yourself or each other.
A number of academic qualifications qualify applicants for fast-track membership on completion of a membership application form, providing the applicant has the required two years' professional experience. If you are currently studying on any of these courses, you are entitled to free student membership of the IPF for the duration of your course. Find out more about IPF-accredited courses and student membership.
Key Benefits of Membership
- The opportunity to engage and network with other influential professionals operating in the property investment market
- A comprehensive programme of workshops and free seminars and site visits in London, the Midlands, the North and Scotland
- Access to the resources of the IPF’s Special Interest Groups
- Access to research reports from the highly-acclaimed Research Programme
- Access to topical publications including the members’ journal, Investment Property Focus, and market surveys
- The opportunity to book places at the IPF annual lunches and annual dinners
- Specially negotiated rates on a range of industry events and publications