Understanding UK Commercial Property Investments A Guide for Financial Advisers (December 2017)
This is the fifth edition of the IPF publication ‘A Guide for Financial Advisers’. The Guide is split into two sections, as follows:
1. An overview of commercial property as an asset class, covering:
- the size and structure of the property investment market;
- main participants in the investment market;
- property as an investment;
- drivers of property returns; and
- unique features of property as an asset class.
2. Routes to indirect investment in property, covering
- general considerations – direct v. indirect investment
- assessing investment vehicles
- legal and tax overview of investment vehicles
Lists of useful contacts and publications are also included.